Last Updated: Sept 13, 2017 |
Quetta, Sept 10, 2017: Terrorists gunned down Four members of Hazara community, severely injuring two, in Kuchlak — outskirts of Quetta, Pakistan.
According to Dawn news, the Hazaras – eight people in a vehicle – were traveling from Chaman to Quetta. Unidentified terrorists opened fire on the vehicle when they stopped at a petrol station. Three died on the spot while 12 year old boy — Arsalan– succumbed later. Two are admitted to Quetta’s Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in critical condition. Two women in the vehicle escape unhurt.
- Mohammad Mehdi
- Yazdan Khan
- Ghulam Hussain
- Arsalan (12 yr old)
- Mohammad Ismail
- Abdul Wakil
Kuchlak is located in the outskirts of Quetta city on the Quetta – Chaman (border town to Afghanistan) highway. Notably, it is Pashtun-dominated that is otherwise a relatively ‘safe route’ for Hazaras. In recent years, it has been in the news for activity of Pakistan-created Taliban-leadership. Quetta is a short distance from Qandahar in Afghanistan — the ‘spiritual’ birthplace of Taliban terrorist movement.
— Hazara.Net (@hazaranet) September 10, 2017
- Dawn: The graveyard where Hazaras of Quetta celebrate life
- Dawn Editorial: Hazara Killings
- Dawn: Four Shia Hazaras gunned down near Quetta – Sept 11
- RFERL: Gunmen In Pakistan Kill Four Shi’a From Hazara Family – Sept 11
- Tribune: Highway attack: Four Hazaras gunned down in Kuchlak – Sept 10
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- ISIS claims gruesome murder of 10 Hazara coalminers in Pakistan - January 5, 2021
- Farewell Hussain Babai - December 20, 2020
- Hazaras categorically reject US-engineered ‘Taliban talks’ in Qatar - September 12, 2020